Vision, Ethos and Values
Keeble Gateway Academy is a new primary school, scheduled to open in September 2019, at Sowerby Gateway, to the south-west of Thirsk town centre. Built principally to serve the residents of the new Sowerby Gateway development, the Academy will cater for children aged between 3 and 11 and will have a projected roll of 210 (30 children per year group) when full. Additionally, the Academy will offer 26 full-time nursery places for children aged three and four.
Elevate Multi-Academy Trust has a clear vision for the new Academy. It will:
- Be the flagship Academy for Elevate, where children and staff are immersed in cutting-edge educational practice;
- Be a learning-centred Academy;
- Be driven by the commitment that no child gets left behind and develop children who are not afraid to fail in their quest to succeed;
- Be a place where parents are actively involved and share ownership of their child’s learning;
- Be collaborative;
- Offer an enabling and stimulating environment incorporating light, calm and purposeful learning spaces.
The educational provision at Keeble Gateway Academy will be based on proven national initiatives and research to raise expectations and aspirations. The Academy will support children to meet the highest expectations through a range of leading practice models, including:
- A real focus on deep learning through a curriculum developed with ‘Keep Up’ as the driver rather than ‘Catch Up’;
- Mastery teaching;
- Corrective teaching;
- Research-informed feedback strategies.
The Academy will value diversity, and promote equality of opportunity and mutual respect. Elevate views lifelong learning as a fundamental right for all staff employed by the Trust and Keeble Gateway Academy will have a deep commitment to Continuing Professional and Leadership Development (CPLD) for staff at all levels supported by North Star Teaching Alliance. Working within Elevate, the Academy will benefit from positive challenge to ensure high standards are achieved and sustained. Keeble Gateway Academy will be modelled on the principles of the three Outstanding Academies within the Trust. Capitalising on long-standing collaborations between primary schools in the locality, Keeble Gateway Academy will impact positively on young people beyond its gates. It will also provide excellent opportunities to develop staff, supporting Elevate to build and retain expertise.
Our Mission Statement is ‘Every Child Achieves’.
Keeble Gateway Academy will be an inclusive Academy where the needs of all pupils will be met, whatever their background, abilities or disabilities, and all children will be supported to learn well and achieve good outcomes.
Our educational vision for Elevate schools:
- Children will achieve outstanding outcomes as a result of exemplary teaching and safe, happy and nurturing learning environments
- There will be an embedded ethos of exceptionally high expectations for all, by all
- Every child will ‘keep up not catch up’. Teachers will be determined that their children achieve the highest standards, and will do whatever it takes to support their learning.
- Leaders will lead the learning in their schools; they will fully engage with classroom practice, supporting teachers and consistently living out the Elevate vision
- Schools will ensure that teachers are free to teach. Leaders will be committed to staff wellbeing and as such continually monitor teacher workload
- There will be a deep commitment to the continual professional development of teachers; ensuring the highest quality teachers are recruited and retained. Teaching will be strengthened by opportunities to collaborate and moderate across the Trust.
- Assessment will be effective. Teachers will lead on analysing their class attainment and progress and will be fully accountable for achievement